Do I need to sign up for classes online?
Yes, so as to secure your slot and for us to know the number of students in each class. Click ‘SIGN UP’, create an account, click ‘Add a Student’ (yourself) and you may start registering for your classes.
For drop-ins and bookings for Open Practice and Private classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are men allowed to take classes at Starz Aerial Dance School?
Men are welcome too. All of our classes are co-ed.
I have no upper body strength and flexibility, can I still take aerial classes?
Definitely. Complete beginners are welcome as classes are progressive, focusing not only on the poses/tricks, but also to prepare your strength and awareness for the subsequent lessons and levels. Start in the Beginner classes (Level 1) and work your way up when you feel ready to. Besides working with you to build a strong foundation during lessons, we also offer strength and flexibility class like Strong & Bendy.
Do I need any dance background for aerial classes?
No you don’t. You will learn everything you need to know for each level, progressively.
I have previous aerial experience(s), how do I know which class level to go to?
Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. For your own safety, it’s very important that you are placed in the correct level.
What should I wear for classes?
– Wear a fitting top that will cover your midriff without riding up, or that you can tuck in.
– For your bottom, wear tight fitting stretchy pants that will cover the backs of your knees, up to your ankles. Leggings or footless tights are a great option.
– No accessories that could possibly catch on or tear the silks. Do tape over any spiky piercings you can’t remove.
– No footwear allowed, but you may wear clean socks or leg warmers for classes.
What if I miss a lesson, can I do replacements?
Yes. Students may make up for their missed lesson(s) for up to 2 lessons for a 8-week course. The replacement lesson must be of the same or lower level, and value. For replacement lessons for aerial classes, students must attend a class of the same aerial apparatus as the one they have missed. Open practices are not applicable for replacement lessons. Replacement lesson(s) must be completed up to 1 month from the end of your course date. Classes and enrollment are non-transferable. Starz Aerial Dance School does not do refunds, pro-rate lessons or guaranteed availability of replacement classes.
What other policies do I need to be aware of?
– Do arrive on time for your classes, so as to ensure your own safety and to minimize disruption for the class.
– Cancellation or re-scheduling of private classes is only allowed with a 24 hours notice, after which 50% of the class fee will be forfeited.
– Classes and enrollment are non-transferable. Starz Aerial Dance School does not do refunds, pro-rate lessons or guaranteed availability of replacement classes.